Creamy Mushroom Barley Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- beef bouillon
- 1/4 c
- barley, dry
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- minced garlic cloves
- 5 c
- sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp
- vermouth, dry
- 1 c
- evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 c
- sliced green onions
- 1/4 tsp
- 5/8 tsp
How to Make Creamy Mushroom Barley Soup
- 1Combine water and bouillon granules in a large dutch oven.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Add barley and return to boil.
- 4Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- 5Remove 1/2 cup barley, using a slotted spoon; set both mixtures aside.
- 6Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray; add oil and place over medium heat until hot.
- 7Add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes.
- 8Add mushrooms and vermouth; cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 9Cover, reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11In processor, add 1/2 cup drained barley, 1/2 cup mushroom mixture and milk.
- 12Process until smooth.
- 13Add pureed barley mixture and remaining mushroom mixture to dutch oven.
- 14Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- 15Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve warm.