Creamy Mushroom Barley Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 tspbeef bouillon
1/4 cbarley, dry
1 tspolive oil
1/2 cchopped onion
2minced garlic cloves
5 csliced mushrooms
2 Tbspvermouth, dry
1 cevaporated skim milk
1/4 csliced green onions
How to Make Creamy Mushroom Barley Soup
- Combine water and bouillon granules in a large dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add barley and return to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove 1/2 cup barley, using a slotted spoon; set both mixtures aside.
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray; add oil and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and vermouth; cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cover, reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In processor, add 1/2 cup drained barley, 1/2 cup mushroom mixture and milk.
- Process until smooth.
- Add pureed barley mixture and remaining mushroom mixture to dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve warm.