Creamy Kielbasa Soup
This is a soup I found on the Internet. It was posted by a wonderful cooked known as Fizzle3nat. The photo is my own.
- 1 large
- carrot - peeled and diced
- ribs of celery - diced
- 1 small
- onion - chopped
- 3 c
- 2 medium
- potatoes - peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp
- chicken bullion
- 8 oz
- low fat smoked kielbasa - chopped***
- 1/2 pkg
- refrigerated sauerkraut - drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 c
- fat free sour cream
- 1 pinch
- each of salt and pepper
- ***note - if you can't find smoked kielbasa, use regular and add 1 tsp. of liquid smoke to the soup
How to Make Creamy Kielbasa Soup
- 1In a small amount of butter, saute carrot, celery, onion, and a dash of salt until vegetables are softened.
- 2Add water, potatoes and chicken bouillon. Boil until potatoes are just about tender; 5 - 7 min.
- 3Add smoked kielbasa and sauerkraut. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low, and simmer about 5 min. or until potatoes are tender.
- 4Remove about 1 c. of cooking liquid from soup along with about 1/2 cup of the potato chunks. Mash the potato chunks and stir together with sour cream in a small bowl; add back the liquid with the potato mash to the soup, along with the sour cream. Heat through. Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- 5Serve warm!