Creamy Garlic Spinach Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1fresh spinach bunch, stems removed
4 cchicken broth
2 largecarrots, grated
1 largeonion, chopped
8garlic cloves, minced
1/2 clight cream
1/2 cwhipping cream
How to Make Creamy Garlic Spinach Soup
- Chop spinach coarsely; combine with chicken broth and carrots in 2-3 quart pot.
- Cook 5-10 minutes until carrots are tender and spinach has wilted; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and garlic very gently over low to medium heat in butter, about 20 to 30 minutes - onions should be very tender and translucent, but garlic should not be browned!
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine spinach/broth and onion/garlic mixtures in food processor or blender in small batches; puree until smooth.
- Clean pot and return soup to pot.
- Add cream, whipping cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and garlic croutons.