CREAMY FRESH BROCCOLI SOUP by Freda
Cream soups do not keep well, they will break down and turn to water, So be sure to use it all with in the same day.
- 1 lb
- fresh broccoli, cut in 1
- 3 Tbs
- butter or margarine
- 1/3 C
- chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg (just a pinch)
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic or garlic pdr
- 3 TBS
- all purpose flour
- 1 can
- (14oz) swansons clear chicken broth
- 1 C
CREAMY FRESH BROCCOLI SOUP
How to Make CREAMY FRESH BROCCOLI SOUP by Freda
- 1in a 3 Qt. covered sauce pan, in 1" of boiling water cook broccoli about 5 min. til fork tender. DRAIN in collander.
- 2in same sauce pan over med. heat, add butter , onion, and nutmeg,garlic, cook onion til tender, stir occasionally.
Stir in flour, cook 1 min. stir constantly.
(this makes a thick rue, which is the thickening for this soup)
- 3Gradually stir in broth;
cook til mixture boils and thickens, whisk or stir constantly.
- 4add milk, and Broccoli, heat to just hot, stir ocasionally.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, as needed.
Makes 4 cups