Creamy Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup
- 8 medium
- potatoes, russets-cleaned and cubed
- 13 slice
- bacon, cooked-then crumbled
- 1 small
- yellow onion -diced
- 1 medium
- 2 medium
- green onions-diced
- 2 c
- shreded cheese mexican blend or other shreded cheese
How to Make Creamy Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup
- 1In a 6 quart Dutch oven or Stock Pot, Scrub & cube potatoes. Add them to the pot. Cover potatoes with cold water. Heat on Medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook potatoes until tender.Do Not Drain.
- 2Using a Potato Masher, mash potatoes. Once potatoes are somewhat small,use an Emersion Hand-Blender to puree potatoes. It should become thick. Add salt to taste.Turn stove to low.
- 3In a skillet, fry bacon. Reserve back 2 Tablespoons Bacon dripings.( I use a metal can to put my bacon dripings in and cover with foil,then put in fridge to use at a later time to flavor green beans or use instead of butter; say in making pancakes etc.)Turn soup to low-medium heat now.
- 4With remaining drippings,add diced onions to skillet until sauted,then spoon out into soup. Add 2 cups cheese and shredded carrot to soup now. Stir with ladel. Top individual bowls of soup with crumbled bacon & chopped green onions.