Creamy Cauliflower Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 29 oz
- chicken broth
- head cauliflower, torn apart or chopped
- 3/4 c
- celery, chopped
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1.5 c
- 1/3 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- nutmeg, ground
How to Make Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1Heat 1 can broth to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; stir in cauliflower, celery, onion and lemon juice.
- 2Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium.
- 3Cover and cook 15 minutes or until tender; do not drain.
- 4Carefully pour about half the cauliflower mixture in blender; cover and blend until of uniform consistency.
- 5Repeat with remaining cauliflower mixture; reserve.
- 6Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat; stir in flour.
- 7Cook, stirring constantly, until flour is absorbed; remove from heat.
- 8Stir in milk and remaining 1 can broth with wire whisk; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 9Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 10Stir in reserved cauliflower mixture, pepper and nutmeg; heat until hot.