Cream Of Spinach Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1bunch fresh spinach
1/4 conion, minced
1/4 ccelery, chopped
3 cchicken broth
How to Make Cream Of Spinach Soup
- Wash spinach carefully and discard any thick stalks.
- Melt butter over medium heat; add onion and celery and saute until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery and saute until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add chicken stock, stirring well; heat until it starts to boil, stirring frequently.
- Add spinach and simmer for 15 minutes; remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a food processor with steel blades, or a blender, puree the mixture in batches until it is smooth with dark green flecks.
- Return to a medium heat, taste and correct seasoning.
- Stir in cream, sherry and nutmeg; do not allow to boil.
- Serve immediately.