"CREAM OF" SOUP MIX
How to Make "CREAM OF" SOUP MIX
- 1Mix ingredients together with a whisk. Store in an airtight container.
- 2To make into soup, combine 1/3C dry mix with 1 1/4C water in a small saucepan. Whisk until smooth. On medium heat, bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until thick. Cool. This makes the equivalent of 1 can of condensed soup.
- 3For Cream of chicken: use 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth instead of water.
- 4For cream of mushroom: use water; add 1/4C diced, cooked mushrooms to soup after it thickens.
- 5For cream of celery: use water and add 1/4C of diced cooked celery after it thickens or add a dash of celery seed to the mixture while cooking.