Cream Of Pimento Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 4 oz
- pimientos, diced and undrained
- 2 Tbsp
- 2.5 Tbsp
- 14.5 oz
- chicken broth, non-fat
- 1.5 c
- half and half
- 2 tsp
- onion, grated
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- hot sauce
How to Make Cream Of Pimento Soup
- 1Place pimientos in container of an electric blender, and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides; set pimiento aside.
- 2Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, and stir until mixture is smooth.
- 3Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Add chicken broth and half and half gradually to flour mixture; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 5Stir in pimientos, onion, salt, and hot sauce; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.