Cream of Mushroom Soup
8 ozcremini mushrooms
4 ozshitake mushrooms
4 ozporcini mushrooms
1/2 cchopped leeks, white part only
2 can(s)chicken broth
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 call purpose flour
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
1 sprig(s)fresh thyme, leaves pinched off the stem, discard stem
1 chalf and half
How to Make Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Clean and coarsely chop the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add leeks and garlic and saute until leeks are tender.
- Add butter to the pan and stir until melted.
- Add the mushrooms and saute stirring often for 7 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked.
- Place the mushroom mixture in a large soup pot.
- Combine the broth and flour, whisking until smooth. Add to the mushroom mixture in the pot.
- Add the thyme, parsley Bring to a boil,
- Cook stirring often for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in the half and half, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring often.