Cream of Mushroom Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 Tbsp
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c
- 3 c
- chicken stock
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- hazelnuts, chopped with skins removed
- chicken-hazelnut quenelles
How to Make Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1To roast the hazelnuts you should place them on a sheet pan and put them in a 400 degree oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the outside skin starts to break away.
- 2Rub the hazelnuts together so that the outer dark skins flake off - You do not want to toast them, you just want the skin to loosen up.
- 3In a large skillet place the butter and heat it on medium high until it has melted; Add the mushrooms and saute them for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they are brown.
- 4Add the 1/4 cup of sherry and deglaze the pan.
- 5Add the chicken stock; Cook the ingredients on medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by 1/2.
- 6In a small saucepan place the 3/4 cup of sherry; Cook it on medium high heat for 4 to 6 minutes, or until it is reduced by 3/4.
- 7Add the reduced sherry, salt, and pepper to soup, and stir them in.
- 8In each of 4 individual serving bowls place 3 of the chicken-hazelnut quenelles; Ladle the soup on top and sprinkle on the hazelnuts.