☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- leeks sliced and cleaned (white and tender green parts)
- 3 c
- peeled potatoes(depends on size so amount will vary for you...you be the judge how much potatoes you want in soup)
- 6 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/3 c
- minced chives or parsley(can be spiced already or fresh)
How to Make Cream of Leek and Potato Soup
- 1In a large heavy saucepan, bring the leeks, potatoes, water, and salt to the boil over high heat.
- 2Cover partially, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- 3Correct the seasoning, to taste, and puree with a handheld immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor.(I personally like to use a laddle and scoop up soup, putting in a food processor then making it into pureé).
- 4Whisk in the cream and reheat before serving. Top each serving with a sprinkling of fresh chives and/or parsley.