Cream Of Garlic Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 4 Tbsp
- onions, sliced
- garlic heads
- 1 qt
- chicken stock
- 1/2 lb
- french bread, day old
- bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp
- thyme, dried
- 6 oz
- heavy cream
How to Make Cream Of Garlic Soup
- 1Melt the butter in a soup kettle and add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes over moderate heat.
- 2Strain a quart of chicken stock into the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in the bread slices and add bay leaf and thyme; simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- 4Put the mixture into a food processor and process to a puree.
- 5Force through a sieve and add cream.
- 6Heat through and correct seasoning.