Cream Of Broccoli Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1chicken bouillon cube
3 cbroccoli flowerets, chopped
24 ozevaporated milk
1.5 cleeks, white part only, finely chopped
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 tspnutmeg, ground
1garlic clove, minced
3 Tbspbasil, fresh chopped
How to Make Cream Of Broccoli Soup
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; dissolve the bouillon cube in the boiling water.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until it is bright green and fork tender.
- Put the evaporated milk in a small saucepan; warm over low heat, just until bubbles begin to form around the edge.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Preheat a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute; spray it twice with the vegetable oil.
- Add the leeks and saute, stirring often, for 7 to 8 minutes, until limp.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the warm evaporated milk; continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the flour has dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the nutmeg, the garlic, and the broccoli, along with its cooking liquid; simmer for 5 minutes more, taking care not to bring the soup to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the basil and black pepper.