Cream Of Broccoli Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1/2 c
- chicken bouillon cube
- 3 c
- broccoli flowerets, chopped
- 24 oz
- evaporated milk
- cooking spray
- 1.5 c
- leeks, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- nutmeg, ground
- garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tbsp
- basil, fresh chopped
How to Make Cream Of Broccoli Soup
- 1Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; dissolve the bouillon cube in the boiling water.
- 2Add the broccoli and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until it is bright green and fork tender.
- 3Put the evaporated milk in a small saucepan; warm over low heat, just until bubbles begin to form around the edge.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat.
- 5Preheat a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute; spray it twice with the vegetable oil.
- 6Add the leeks and saute, stirring often, for 7 to 8 minutes, until limp.
- 7Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 8Whisk in the warm evaporated milk; continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the flour has dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- 9Reduce the heat to low.
- 10Add the nutmeg, the garlic, and the broccoli, along with its cooking liquid; simmer for 5 minutes more, taking care not to bring the soup to a boil.
- 11Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the basil and black pepper.