Cream Of Asparagus Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- asparagus, fresh
- onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 c
- chicken stock
- potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp
- thyme, dried
- 1 c
- celery rib, chopped
How to Make Cream Of Asparagus Soup
- 1Soak and rinse asparagus; remove top 1 inch of each spear, discard tough lower part, reserving middle portion of stalks.
- 2In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in butter for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent.
- 3Add chicken stock, asparagus tips and stems, potato, celery, thyme, and pepper; cover and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- 5Remove from heat and let cool.
- 6Remove asparagus tips and set aside.
- 7Place half of the soup at a time in a blender container; cover and blend at high speed for 20 to 30 seconds or until very smooth.
- 8Pass through a fine sieve and return blended soup to saucepan.
- 9Add reserved asparagus tips and cream (or half and half, or milk) and heat thoroughly, or refrigerate to be served cold.