Cream Of Asparagus Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbasparagus, fresh
3 cchicken stock
1potato, peeled and diced
1 tspthyme, dried
1celery rib, chopped
How to Make Cream Of Asparagus Soup
- Soak and rinse asparagus; remove top 1 inch of each spear, discard tough lower part, reserving middle portion of stalks.
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in butter for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add chicken stock, asparagus tips and stems, potato, celery, thyme, and pepper; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove asparagus tips and set aside.
- Place half of the soup at a time in a blender container; cover and blend at high speed for 20 to 30 seconds or until very smooth.
- Pass through a fine sieve and return blended soup to saucepan.
- Add reserved asparagus tips and cream (or half and half, or milk) and heat thoroughly, or refrigerate to be served cold.