Cool Strawberry Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground allspice
2 ptstrawberries, fresh, hulled
2 corange juice
2 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 cdry red wine or rose wine, optional
How to Make Cool Strawberry Soup
- To prepare sugar syrup, combine water, sugar, cinnamon and allspice in small saucepan.
- Bring to boiling over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Working in batches if necessary, combine berries, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar syrup in food processor or blender.
- Whirl until pureed.
- Press through fine sieve into bowl.
- Stir in wine, if using.
- Pour into sotrage container and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and slice of lemon, if desired.