★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 stickunsalted butter
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
2celery ribs, finely chopped
8 clow salt chicken stock
2 csmooth peanut butter
1 3/4 clight cream or half & half
·finely chopped lightly salted peanuts for garnish
How to Make Colonial Cream of Peanut Soup
- In a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until softened, three-five minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook two minutes longer.
- Pour in the chicken stock, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until slightly reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes. Pour into a sieve set over a large bowl and strain, pushing hard on the solids to extract as much flavor as possible. Return the liquid to the sauce pan or pot.
- Whisk the peanut butter and the cream into the liquid. Warm over low heat, whisking often, for about five minutes. Do not boil.
- Serve warm, garnished with the chopped peanuts.