Cold Zucchini Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 lb
- 3 c
- chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- marjoram, dried
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- parsley, chopped
How to Make Cold Zucchini Soup
- 1Trim, wash and slice zucchini.
- 2Put in saucepan with broth and marjoram. cook until tender (about 20 minutes).
- 3Puree through a food mill or in a blender.
- 4Melt the butter or margarine and add flour to make a creamery mixture; cook, stirring 2 or 3 minutes, and remove from the heat then cool slightly.
- 5Heat milk until it comes to a boil.
- 6Add the milk to the cooled butter mixture; return to heat and cook, stirring for 15 minutes or until flour taste is gone.
- 7Salt and pepper.
- 8Add to pureed zucchini and chill thoroughly.
- 9Stir cream into chilled soup before serving, then garnish with parsley.