1 can(s)un-sweetened coconut milk (14 to 16 ounces)
16 ozwater or cream (cook's choice)
2 Tbspun-sweetened coconut flakes
1 smallcarrot, diced
2 clovegarlic, diced
1 Tbspfresh ginger (1 inch) grated
2 Tbspwhite rice flour
2 Tbspwater, cold
·white pepper - to taste
·salt - to taste
1 bunchfresh cilantro
How to Make Coconut Soup
- Peel and cut carrot into small dice. Finely chop garlic and grate ginger.
- Place a teaspoon of oil in a small saucepan and add the ginger, garlic and carrot pieces and saute' for a minute or so. Add 1 Tablespoon of water, close the pan with a lid and steam the vegetables until tender crisp. Once done, pour in the coconut milk and water/cream and allow it to gently boil.
- Dilute the rice flour in a small bowl with 2 Tablespoons of water.
- Pour the rice flour slurry into the boiling soup while stirring continuously. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow it to cook for few more minutes. Add salt and the reserved coconut flakes to the soup and stir to combine.
- Season with white pepper and finely chopped coriander leaves.
Add the coconut pieces only after removing the soup from flame.