Chilled Strawberry Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 ptfresh strawberries
1.5 tspinstant tapioca
1 corange juice
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspgrated lemon rind
1lime, thinly sliced
How to Make Chilled Strawberry Soup
- Process strawberries in blender or food processor until strawberries are pureed.
- In medium saucepan, combine pureed strawberries, tapioca, orange juice, lemon juice, cinnamon and allspice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered over moderate heat until mixture is thickened.
- The time varies, it may take 1 hour.
- Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate mixture until well chilled.
- Add lemon rind and buttermilk.
- Mix well with wire whisk.
- Serve soup garnished with lime slices and sliced strawberries.