Chilled Creamed Broccoli Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 cchicken broth
1/2 conion, chopped
·"just a pinch" of pepper
1/2 tspdried thyme, crushed
1 smallbay leaf
1/4 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Chilled Creamed Broccoli Soup
- In saucepan combine broth, onion, broccoli, thyme, bay leaf and garlic powder; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender, then remove bay leaf.
- Place vegetable mixture in blender or food processor; cover and blend 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth.
- In same saucepan melt butter; blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the milk at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; stir in vegetable puree.
- Cook until heated through for a warm soup.
- Refrigerate, covered, for several hours for chilled soup.