Chestnut Soup with Amaretto1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbchestnuts, fresh
5 cbeef stock
3 Tbspamaretto liqueur
1 cheavy cream
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chestnut Soup with Amaretto
- Make a slash in the rounded side of each chestnut and roast in a preheated 400 oven for 5 minutes.
- Peel off the shell and inner skin.
- Peel the carrots, parsnips, onion, and garlic.
- Finely chop all of the vegetables, including the scallions and celery.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the vegetables and cook for five minutes, or until soft but not brown.
- Add the chestnuts, stock, and bouquet garni.
- Gently simmer the soup for 40 minutes, or until the chestnuts are very soft.
- Remove the bouquet garni and puree the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, adding the amaretto, two-thirds of the cream, and salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg to taste; the soup should be very flavorful.
- If a sweeter flavor is desired, add a spoonful of brown sugar.
- To serve, ladle the chestnut soup into warmed bowls.
- Pour a little of the remaining cream into each bowl and marble it into the soup, stirring with a skewer.