Chesapeake Oyster Bisque1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 tspwhite pepper
How to Make Chesapeake Oyster Bisque
- Slice onions and dice celery.
- Drain oysters and save liquid; oysters may be chopped or left whole as desired.
- Add water to oyster liquid to make 1 quart.
- In stock pot, combine bay leaf, one onion, and celery and simmer for about 1 hour uncovered.
- Remove from heat; allow to cool for about 1 hour, strain, and set aside.
- In butter, saute remaining onion and celery; cook for about 5 minutes or until pale in color.
- Add flour and stir well, but DO NOT BROWN.
- Add some strained oyster stock: stir well to prevent lumps from forming.
- Add remaining stock and heat until hot and thickened (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add oysters and cream; heat about 5 minutes more.
- Add sherry and ladle into serving bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.