Cheesy Potato Soup
I will list all the ingredients as "she" published them - as I made no substitutions.
32 oz(1 bag) frozen southern style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed (do not use shredded)
1/2 cfrozen chopped oinion (from 12 oz bag), thawed
1 mediumstalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
32 oz(1 carton) progresso chicken broth
3 Tbspgold medal all purpose flour
8 oz(1 bag) shredded american-cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
1/4 creal bacon pieces (from 2.8 oz pkg)
4 mediumgreen onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
How to Make Cheesy Potato Soup
- In a 3-4 quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water
- Cover: cook on low heat setting 6-8 hours
- In a small bowl mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture. Increase heat setting to high. Cover, cook 20-30 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired
- NOTES: Can subsitute 2 crispy cooked crumbled bacon for purchased bacon pieces. Use the southern style potatoes as they are diced not shredded. Diced works best in this recipe