Cashew Soup (gingered)
- 2 large
- carrots, peeled, cut in 1-2 inch sections
- 3 large
- ribs celery, 1/2 inch slice
- 1/2 large
- onion, rough chop
- 1 medium
- russet potato, peeled, 1-2 inch cubes
- 3 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- shakes red pepper flakes
- 4 c
- chicken stock, regular salt
- 1/2 c
- cashews, salted
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- half and half
How to Make Cashew Soup (gingered)
- 1In a large pot, heat the olive oil with the pepper flakes. When hot, add the carrots, celery, and onion. Saute/cook for 4-5 minutes. The onions will be clear.
- 2Add the garlic and ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes more.
- 3Add the stock/broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover to cook for 40 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, grind the cashews in a clean coffee grinder with the 2 Tbsp flour. Grind to a fine grind. Set aside.
- 5When the vegetables/soup are done/tender, remove from heat and cool until a safe temp to handle is reached. When cool enough, puree the soup with an immersion blender or a blender. Get the soup as smooth as possible.
- 6Return soup to the pot and add the cashews and half and half. Heat gently until hot. Do not boil.
- 7Serve in small bowls. A rice and sesame cracker is a nice compliment to this soup. Serves 8 (3/4 cup) servrings