★★★★★ 1 vote5
2medium sliced carrots
2chopped celery ribs, with leaves
2medium sliced leeks (white portion only)
2 lbpeeled, seeded, cubed buttenut squash (about 6 cups)
2 can(s)(14.5 ounces )chicken broth
1/2 tspground ginger
1/2 chalf and half cream
1 1/2 tspwhite pepper
How to Make Butternut Bisque
- In a large saucepan, saute carrots, celery and leeks in butter for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the squash, broth and ginger; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the squash is tender, about 25 minutes. Cool until lukewarm.
- In a blender or food processor, puree squash mixture in small batches until smooth; return to pan.
- Add cream, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Heat through, but do not boil.