By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.25 lbbroccoli, fresh stalks, peeled and diced
4 cchicken broth
2 tspcurry powder
·"just a pinch" of pepper
2 Tbsplime juice
8 slicelemon, optional
1/2 csour cream
1 Tbspchives, optional
How to Make Broccoli Bisque
- Place the cut broccoli in a large saucepan along with the broth, onion, butter, salt, curry powder and pepper; Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 8 to 12 minutes or until broccoli is just tender.
- Place about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of the mixture at a time into a blender container; Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl or another large pan; Repeat with remaining mixture - BE CAREFUL. THE HOT LIQUID MAY SCALD YOU.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Now you can either cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to serve cold (great in warm weather), or you can go right ahead and serve it hot (great in cold weather).
- Once ladled out, you can garnish with a thin slice of lemon, a small dollop or sour cream, and a sprinkling of chives.
- NOTE: You can refrigerate unused portions for serving later, but it doesn't keep well for long.