Broccoli Beer Cheese Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 smallonion, chopped
1 lbbroccoli, fresh
1 ozbeef bouillon granules
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tspwhite pepper
·seasoned salt, to taste
·cayenne, to taste
2 lbcheddar cheese, cubed
How to Make Broccoli Beer Cheese Soup
- Bring water and onion to a boil in a large soup pot.
- Add seasonings and half of the broccoli.
- Bring to a boil again.
- Add soup base and lower heat.
- In a separate saucepan, make a roux.
- When the roux thickens, gradually stir into the soup, whipping with a wire whisk to avoid lumps.
- Heat milk and cheese to just below boiling point until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Blend into the soup and add the remaining broccoli.
- Just before serving, add beer.
- Mix well.