Broccoli and Swiss Cheese Soup
How to Make Broccoli and Swiss Cheese Soup
- 1Cut enough florets to measure 2 cups.
- 2Cut rest of broccoli into 1 inch pieces.
- 3Cook florets and broccoli pieces, separately, in lightly salted water until just tender.
- 4(Florets will be done first.)
- 5Immediately rinse in cold water.
- 7Set florets aside until serving time.
- 8In a large saucepan saute green onions in butter until tender; usually about 4 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle in flour and cook one more minute, stirring with whisk.
- 10Remove from heat and stir in broth.
- 11Return to heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 12Add broccoli pieces to broth and puree in blender in batches, until smooth.
- 13Just before serving, blend in cream and swiss cheese.
- 14Simmer gently until cheese melts.
- 15Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 16Add reserved florets and heat through.