Bill's Favorite Mushroom Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- stems portabello mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 pkg
- button mushrooms, finely chopped
- dried mushrooms
- 4 c
- hot water
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 large
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 large
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp
- black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 Tbsp
- beef base
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Bill's Favorite Mushroom Soup
- 1Soak dried mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes.
- 2In the mean time saute garlic and onions in butter until soft.
- 3When soft finely chop dried mushroom.
- 4Save mushroom water.
- 5Add mushrooms to onion-garlic mix.
- 6Cook for 5 minutes.
- 7Add flour and stir until blended.
- 8Add 1/4 cup of the mushroom water to the cooked vegetables.
- 9Stir until blended.
- 10Carefully pour mushroom water into soup leaving solids and about 1/2 of liquid in bowl.
- 11There are often sand particles in this soaking water.
- 12Dispose of this left over water.
- 13Add pepper and beef base.
- 14Cook at medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 15Add cream and heat until warm.