Bill's Favorite Mushroom Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3stems portabello mushroom, finely chopped
1 pkgbutton mushrooms, finely chopped
4 chot water
1 largeonion, finely chopped
1 largegarlic clove, minced
1 tspblack pepper, coarsely ground
2 Tbspbeef base
1 ptheavy cream
How to Make Bill's Favorite Mushroom Soup
- Soak dried mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time saute garlic and onions in butter until soft.
- When soft finely chop dried mushroom.
- Save mushroom water.
- Add mushrooms to onion-garlic mix.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until blended.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mushroom water to the cooked vegetables.
- Stir until blended.
- Carefully pour mushroom water into soup leaving solids and about 1/2 of liquid in bowl.
- There are often sand particles in this soaking water.
- Dispose of this left over water.
- Add pepper and beef base.
- Cook at medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and heat until warm.