Berry Buttermilk Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Berry Buttermilk Soup
- Thaw berries, if frozen; drain.
- If desired, set aside 5 or 6 berries for garnish.
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan combine berries, water, sugar, orange peel, and juice.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Pour into blender container; cover and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the buttermilk.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- If desired garnish each serving with reserved berry or thin orange slice.