★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 medium
- potatoes, baked (microwaved is fine)
- 1 medium
- onion (white or yellow)
- 4 c
- milk, whole
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz
- carton sour cream (room temperature)
How to Make BAKED POTATO SOUP
- 1Bake potatoes until soft. Peel and dissect potato from the skin. Place in large saucepan. Add sliced onion, and milk. Bring to soft boil and lower heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes. Keep watch on milk so as not to burn or scorch. Small amount of water or milk may be added to keep mixture soupy.
- 2At last minute before serving, add sour cream and mix into soup until creamy.Make sure it is room temperature or may curdle when added to the hot soup. Chopped bacon bits and shredded cheese may be added as garnish to top of soup.
- 3Serve with hot bread or a salad.