Baked Potato Soup
1/4 cbutter or margarine
1/4 cchopped onion
1/4 call-purpose flour
14 1/2 ozchicken broth
12 ozevaporated milk
2 largebaking potatoes baked or microwaved
4 slicebacon, cooked & crumbled
1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
3 Tbspsliced green onion
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Baked Potato Soup
- Melt butter or margarine in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
- Scoop potato pulp from one potato; mash. Add pulp to broth mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture just
comes to a boil.
- Dice remaining potato skin and potato(es); add to soup. Heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top each serving with bacon,cheese and green onion.