Augusta's Cold Tomato Soup with Basil Cream1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cbasil, fresh chopped
3/4 cheavy cream
2 ctomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 cchicken stock
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
·basil, whole leaves
How to Make Augusta's Cold Tomato Soup with Basil Cream
- Early in the day, put the chopped basil leaves in a small bowl.
- Scald the cream in a small saucepan and pour it over the basil; Let steep 1 hour, then strain the cream and chill deeply.
- In a food processor, puree the chopped tomato, stock, milk and honey until very smooth.
- Transfer the puree to a bowl, and season with salt and pepper; Chill deeply.
- When ready to serve, whip the basil cream.
- Ladle the chilled soup into chilled glass cups or stemmed glasses; Dollop each serving with the whipped cream and top with a fresh basil leaf.