Zuni Corn Chowder
1 Tbspcoconut oil
1-1 lb. pkglow fat turkey bacon
6 largemushrooms, sliced
1 cgreen onions, chopped thin
8 cchicken broth, low sodium
1.5-10 oz. pkgfrozen corn
8 dash(es)tabasco sauce
·salt and pepper to taste
·chopped cilantro (optional)
How to Make Zuni Corn Chowder
- In a large soup pot, heat the coconut oil.
- Cut the turkey bacon into cubes and saute it in the coconut oil for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms and onion. Saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the Chicken broth and the frozen corn and Tabasco sauce.
- Add the salt and pepper and some cilantro if using.
- Taste for seasonings, then simmer for 20 minutes. Add a bit more chopped Cilantro for garnish is you like. Serve warm.