Swiss Broccoli Chowder
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Lynn says it best: "There is no such thing as too much cheese!" This soup brings together those old pals Swiss cheese and ham, and blends them into a wonderfully creamy bowl of broccoli goodness. Warms you through and through. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Swiss Broccoli Chowder
- 1Cook ham (about 15 minutes) in 2-3 cups of water, enough to cover ham plus a little more. Reserve 1 1/2 cup of this broth after boiling.
- 2add the beef boullion cube and stir to disolve. set the cubed ham aside.
- 3Combine the brocolli and the 1 1/2 cups broth and cook brocolli until tender.
- 4Add ham, milk, half and half to the broth and brocolli
- 5Mix the flour with the 1/4 cup water till smooth then add to the soup mixture.. stir until thickened.
- 6Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted.