Sweet Corn Chowder
6bacon slices, chopped
4ears corn, husked
1red bell pepper, chopped
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 tspcrushed red pepper
1 tspground nutmeg
2 largepotatoes, diced to 1/2" pieces
4 cchicken stock
1 cheavy cream
How to Make Sweet Corn Chowder
- Using a large knife, slice the corn kernels from the ear and place into a medium bowl. Using the back of the knife, firmly press against the ear to get as much of the meat of the corn into the bowl.
- In a large stockpot set on medium heat, cook the bacon pieces until firm. Add the butter, red pepper and onion, and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the contents of the corn bowl, crushed red pepper, nutmeg, potatoes, salt and pepper, and chicken stock. Cover pot and bring the contents to a slight boil, cooking for 15-20 minutes.
- In a glass cup or other small vessel, mix the cornstarch with 2 Tbsp warm water and add to the pot, stirring to incorporate.
- Next add the cream to the chowder, stir, cover, and turn off heat source. Let chowder sit for 15-20 minutes before serving.