Spicy Corn Chowder
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1red bell pepper, chopped
1jalapenos, fresh, chopped
3/4 call purpose flour
4 cchicken stock (1 whole box)
1 cwhipping cream
16 ozfrozen corn
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
How to Make Spicy Corn Chowder
- Cook bacon in a large pan or dutch oven. Set aside cooked bacon for garnish
- Add onion, pepper, salt, and bell pepper to bacon greased pan.Saute until crisp tender. Then add in your jalapeno and garlic. Simmer.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, until it is a nice blond color.
- Add chicken stock and potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream, corn and cayenne. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve soup garnished with the bacon. A side salad and cheesy garlic bread goes perfect with this soup.