Southwest Onion Soup
2 Tbspbutter, cold
1 mediumwhite onions, sliced into 1/4 -inch rings
1 can(s)diced tomatoes w/lime juice & cilantro
4 ozbottled roasted red peppers
4 ozcanned whole kernel corns
4 ozquick melt cheese, cubed
8 ozchicken broth
2 tspred chile powder
2 tspsherry vinegar
2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
·real bacon bits for garnish
How to Make Southwest Onion Soup
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Saute onion rings until translucent. Do not overcook.
- Combine diced tomatoes, roasted peppers and kernel corns in a food blender. Chop in low speed for about 2 seconds only.
- Put chopped mixture and cubed cheese into a stock pot
over medium heat. Stir continuosly and let simmer until cheese is melted.
- Add chicken broth, red chile powder, vinegar and black pepper. Continue stirring the soup until all flavors blend.
- Serve soup immediately in individual bowls and top with sauteed onion rings. Garnish with bacon bits.
Serve with warm corn tortillas or chips.