Smokey Corn Chowder
Any of these ingredients can be adjusted to your family's tastes.
I usually double this recipe and freeze half of it for another day.
Adding the cream to each bowl allows for easier freezing and you can adjust for a more/less creamy soup.
The real secret ingredients in this soup are the red pepper and liquid smoke.
1 pkgbacon, cooked
4 mediumpotatoes, peeled and chopped
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/4 cred pepper
1 lchicken stock
1 largecan cream-style corn
1 largecan frozen corn
4 dash(es)dashes hot pepper sauce or crushed pepper flakes
1/4 tspliquid smoke flavoring
·salt & ground black pepper to taste
·whipping cream - add to each bowl just before soup
How to Make Smokey Corn Chowder
- Precook the bacon until crisp. Drain and chop.
- In a large pot mix potatoes, onion, bacon and chopped red pepper.
- Add the chicken stock, and stir in both cans of corn.
- Season with salt, pepper and liquid smoke. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover pot.
- Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender.
- Add whipping cream into each bowl just before serving.