Smokey Corn Chowder
Any of these ingredients can be adjusted to your family's tastes.
I usually double this recipe and freeze half of it for another day.
Adding the cream to each bowl allows for easier freezing and you can adjust for a more/less creamy soup.
The real secret ingredients in this soup are the red pepper and liquid smoke.
- 1 pkg
- bacon, cooked
- 4 medium
- potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 c
- red pepper
- 1 l
- chicken stock
- 1 large
- can cream-style corn
- 1 large
- can frozen corn
- 4 dash(es)
- dashes hot pepper sauce or crushed pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp
- liquid smoke flavoring
- salt & ground black pepper to taste
- whipping cream - add to each bowl just before soup
How to Make Smokey Corn Chowder
- 1Precook the bacon until crisp. Drain and chop.
- 2In a large pot mix potatoes, onion, bacon and chopped red pepper.
- 3Add the chicken stock, and stir in both cans of corn.
- 4Season with salt, pepper and liquid smoke. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover pot.
- 5Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender.
- 6Add whipping cream into each bowl just before serving.