★★★★★ 1 vote5
1medium onion, minced
1.25 tspcelery salt
2 cwhipping cream
9 ozhaddock or halibut filets
6 ozscallops, chopped
3 ozlobster meat, cooked, chopped
3/4 csour cream
3potatoes, peeled, cooked, diced
How to Make Seafood Chowder
- Cook the onion in the butter until transparent.
- Add the thyme and celery salt.
- Remove from heat.
- In a saucepan, pour the whipping cream over the fish filets.
- Cover, bring to a boil and simmer slowly for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Remove the fish with a slotted spoon, then break into small pieces and remove any bones.
- Add the onion mixture and the scallops to the poaching liquid.
- Bring to barely a boil, then simmer for about 1 minute or until the scallops are opaque.
- If the chowder is not to be eaten immediately, refrigerate everything at this stage.
- Just before serving, add the fish, lobster, sour cream, potatoes and milk.
- Heat through, but do not allow to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve immediately.