★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 oz
- sweet italian sausage
- 2 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 2 c
- frozen hash brown diced potatoes
- 1-15oz can(s)
- corn, cream-style
- 3/4 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp
- each; pepper and garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp
- snipped fresh parsley
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Sausage Corn Chowder
- 1Remove sausage from casing and brown in a large sauce pan. Drain and pat dry to remove excess fat.
Wipe pan dry. Return sausage to pan.
- 2Stir in milk, potatoes, corn, thyme,
garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer covered about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese or add the cheese all at once.