Rich N Creamy Potato Chowder Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 can(s)
- cream of celery soup
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1-2 box
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 stick
- 4-5 c
- 1-2 can(s)
- drained sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 med
- onion chopped
- medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- thinly sliced fresh celery (optional)
- salt and pepper to your taste
How to Make Rich N Creamy Potato Chowder Soup
- 1Place potatoes and onions in a separate pot and boil til tender. Drain before adding to rest of soup mixture. I boil these ingredients separately to speed up cook time while preparing the rest of the mixture.
- 2Place rest of ingredients in large pot. Cook on medium heat til begins to boil,then lower heat. Break up cream cheese while stirring. Add potatoes and onions soon as they are tender. This soup will stick if left on a high heat as it is cream based. Simmer on low heat, Stirring often. Soup is done when thoroughly heated and cream cheese is melted to small bite sized pieces.
Cooking time varies. But generally its done enough to eat within an hour. I usually make mid afternoon and place in crock pot on warm for easy serving when everyone is hungry. or leave on lowest stove temp to keep warm.
- 3Top with shredded cheddar cheese and oyster crackers while hot for an extra yummy meal. That small bite of warm cream cheese seems to make this soup one of the best ever! Soup is just as good without the mushrooms and fresh celery. it's simply a matter of what you love!