★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2oz. each) chicken broth
- 3 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- minced fresh parsely, optional
How to Make Quick Potato Corn Chowder
- 1In a large saucepan, cook and stir onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Add broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- 2Stir in the corn, 1/2 cup milk, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk flour and remaining milk until smooth. Stir into soup; return to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.