·10 medium potatoes
·1 meduim onion
·2 14 oz. cans chicken broth
·1 can cheddar cheese soup
·5 cups milk
·8 oz. tub sour cream
·salt and pepper, to taste
·1 stick butter
·2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Potato Soup
- Bake 5 of the potatoes.
- Peel the other 5 potatoes and dice them roughly.
- Chop the onion.
- Combine the diced raw potatoes and chopped onion with salt and broth in a large stock pot.
- Simmer until potatoes are done.
- Once the potatoes are soft, mash everything in the stock pot together with a potato masher.
- Add cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, butter and milk.
- Stir to combine and heat through.
- Peel and roughly chop the baked potatoes and add them to the soup along with the cheddar cheese.
- Season to taste.
- Top with chopped green onions, cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.