★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbbacon, chopped into small pieces
1 conion, finely diced
2 stalk(s)celery, finely diced
2 cchicken stock
·salt and pepper to taste
4-6 cprepared mashed potatoes(leftovers work great)
1/4 - 1/2 cheavy cream
·scallions or chives, chopped
How to Make Mashed Potato Soup
- In a large soup pan, fry bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and set aside to crumble. Leave a couple tablespoons of bacon drippings in the pan.
- Cook celery and onions in the drippings until they start to get soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add milk and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in mashed potatoes and half the crumbled bacon.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Taste to see if more salt and pepper are needed.
- If mixture is too thick, add a lttle more cream or milk.
- Serve soup in bowl with scallions, remaining crumbled bacon, sour cream and cheddar cheese on top.