- yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- large yellow onion, finely chopped
- clove garlic, pressed
- celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 lb
- bulk sweet italian sausage (no casing)
- 2 c
- half and half
- 5 c
- chicken broth, low salt
- 1 tsp
- dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Italian Sausage Potato Soup
- 1Heat olive oil in a Dutch Oven or stockpot over high heat. Add onion, garlic, celery and sausage.
- 2Saute', stirring frequently, 7-8 minutes. Cook and stir until sausage is broken up and no longer pink. Drain carefully, don't lose the vegetables.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low. Add chicken broth, potatoes and celery. Simmer 25 minutes until potatoes are tender - stir occasionally.
- 4Add half-and-half, heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
**I like to add 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper in with the sausage for a little extra bite, but of course that is optional!**