Fresh Corn and Seafood Chowder
We had some grilled salmon left over so it was go time.
Added some fresh sweet corn which gave it another little something special and raw shrimp and it was a winner.
The grilled smokey flavor of the salmon was so special, but you could even do this with baked salmon !
Next time I am adding scallops and clams .. why not make this the full meal deal!
Super simple, no waste and delicious to boot !
·bacon - about 1/2 lb - chopped
·small shallot - diced
·1 carrot - diced
·1 stalk celery - diced
·1 medium potato - diced
·flour - about 1/4 cup
·milk or half n half - about 2 cups
·salmon - about 1 cup cooked and chopped
·shrimp - about 1 cup raw
·1 ear fresh corn - remove from cob
How to Make Fresh Corn and Seafood Chowder
- Cook bacon until very crisp. Remove from skillet and drain on absorbent paper.
Save dripping for remainder of recipe.
- To the pan drippings add the vegetables and cook until almost done - stirring regularly to prevent scorching.
- When the vegies are within a couple minutes of being done, sprinkle the flour into the pan and stir well.
Add milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add the salmon and the shrimp and the corn. Cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp is done.
Add more milk if needed.
- Serve in bowl topped with pepper to taste, bacon bits and oyster crackers for a hearty comforting meal.