Fran's Potato/Cheese/Corn Chowder1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- potatoes, shredded
- 4 lb
- potatoes, diced
- 3/4 c
- diced celery
- 1 c
- diced carrots
- minced onion
- 2 lb
- cheese, grated
- 3 can(s)
- corn, cream-style
- 2 can(s)
- 1 lb
- sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 qt
- chicken stock
- 1 c
- powdered milk
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
How to Make Fran's Potato/Cheese/Corn Chowder
- 1In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Saute onion and celery until softened but not brown.
- 3Add potatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper, basil and carrots.
- 4Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until potatoes are just tender.
- 5Brown sliced sausage pieces in a fry pan, add to chowder.
- 6Add cream of mushroom soup and corn.
- 7Simmer until potatoes and carrots are done to your desired level.
- 8Add grated cheese and milk powder.
- 9If the chowder is too thin, you can remove some of it and put through the blender to thicken, if it is too thick, add water.
- 10Adjust seasonings if desired.
- 11Serve with bread or crackers.
- 12This can either be cooked as direced in the recipe, or for about 10 hours in a crockpot, on high, adding the milk powder and cheese at the end.