Fish Chowder in Cape Cod
I use evaporated milk alot.
- 1/2 lb
- salt pork, cut into chunks ~ or bacon fat for frying
- 1 c
- diced potatoes
- 4 c
- of water or more if needed
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 large
- onion, cut up
- 1/4 lb
- bay leaves
- small haddock, cod or hake, cut into small pieces
- paprika to taste
How to Make Fish Chowder in Cape Cod
- 1Fry out the onion in the salt pork or bacon fat until it is lightly colored.
Remove salt pork.
- 2Add fish, potatoes, bay leaves, and enough water to cover.
Cook until done, about 15 minutes.
- 3Mix flour in milk , stirring well to avoid lumps (or shake in a bottle until smooth).
Add to fish carefully , stirring slowly.
Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with paprika if desired.